Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chapter 18: Sweet Kisses


As Jasmine awoke the next morning, she couldn’t help but smile as she thought about all that had happened the day before. This is a dream that I don’t want to wake up from, she thought. What an amazing time they’d had scuba diving and then touring the island and just being together. She wished it could go on forever.

And David…what a wonderful evening they’d had. It was almost magical as they’d spent the evening in each other’s arms, dancing on the beach. She thought about how her heart raced when she looked into his eyes and the sweet kisses that stole her breath.

Her thoughts then turned to their conversation about skydiving. She sighed as she thought about his reaction. While his feelings were understandable she couldn’t deny that she was disappointed. She’d wanted to skydive since she could remember and although the accident was terrible, she was thankful that it hadn’t destroyed her love of flying. Maybe one day David would see that and it would be an experience that they could still share together.

“Are you okay?” asked Lisa, waking and seeing Jasmine deep in thought.

“Oh, good morning!” said Jasmine cheerfully. “Yes, I’m fine. Just thinking about what a wonderful day yesterday was.”

“Yeah, it was great,” said Lisa, beaming.

“Hmm…can I guess why?” teased Jasmine. “Does it start with an “E”?

“Absolutely, yes!” said Lisa, laughing.  “I know he’s your cousin, but he is amazing. We’ve haven’t dated long but I I’ve never felt this way about anyone before. I definitely think I’m falling for him.”

“Falling? Sorry to break it to you but I think you fell a long time ago,” said Jasmine, grinning. “And, if it’s any consolation, I think he feels the same way.”

“I hope so. I mean, I think he does but he hasn’t said anything yet.”

“Well, I’m sure it will happen soon,” said Jasmine. She paused. “Lisa, I just have to say that it’s so good to see you two together. Also, I love that we’ve gotten to know each other. You’ve been such a good friend, even though we haven’t known each other long.”

“I feel the same way,” said Lisa. “You’re becoming one of my best friends and its happened so quickly.”
Pausing, she asked, “So, how are things with you and David?”

“Wonderful!” Jasmine gushed. “It’s like we’ve fallen in love all over again. He’s even more sensitive, and affectionate and attentive than he was before, if that’s possible. I think the time we were apart really changed our relationship for the better."

"Wow. I'm so happy for you two!"

"So am I, Lisa. I'm just so thankful."

Then, looking at the clock she said, “Oh no! We’d better hurry up and get dressed or we’ll be late meeting the guys for breakfast.”
_________________________________

Waiting for Jasmine and Lisa to arrive, David and Edgar sat looking out at the beach. What a beautiful morning, thought David. The sky was clear and the gently rolling waves looked so serene. Yet, what should have been a peaceful night’s sleep for him had been anything but. He’d tossed and turned all night, dreaming of Jasmine, of kissing her the night before. In his dreams he longed to do it again and to hold her in his arms…and more. During their relationship they’d always had a certain level of purity between them but now it seemed like a switch had flipped on inside him and he couldn’t stop thinking of her.

“What’s on your mind, bro?” asked Edgar.

“Huh? Oh, just thinking about yesterday,” said David.

“And…?” asked Edgar, smiling. Pausing briefly he said, “Oh! Don’t tell me – Jasmine, right? Enough said. No further explanation needed.”

David laughed uncomfortably. “Yeah, Jasmine” he said.

“I’m so glad you two are back together. She was miserable without you, but then I’m sure she told you that. You two are good for each other,” said Edgar, patting David on the shoulder.

“She’s amazing,” said David. As he looked up he saw Jasmine and Lisa heading towards them.

“And speaking of amazing…” he said, smiling. He stood up as they approached.

“Sorry we’re late,” said Jasmine. “Have you guys been waiting long?”

“No, not at all. Good morning, Lisa. Good morning, gorgeous,” David said as Jasmine wrapped her arms around him. As she hugged him, he couldn’t help but notice how nice she smelled and how soft her skin was. Suddenly, he felt like all of his senses were heightened.

“How’d you sleep?” she asked, smiling cheerfully up at him.

“Uh, okay,” he said, flustered. What is wrong with me, he thought to himself. He’d always been attracted to her but this was different, more intense. He wondered if she felt the same way.

Pulling away awkwardly, he said, “So, uh, let’s eat guys.” Then, taking Jasmine’s hand he led the way into the restaurant.
__________________________________

During breakfast they chatted about what they wanted to do that day and decided to go hiking.

“Then, maybe later we can play some beach volleyball,” said David. “I haven’t played in forever but it’d be fun.”

“Sounds good,” agreed Lisa and Edgar.

“Girls versus guys?” Jasmine asked, smiling at Lisa.

“We accept the challenge,” said David grinning and looking at Edgar.

Later, as they were leaving, Jasmine pulled David aside.

“I just need to tell you something,” she said seriously.

“What’s wrong? What is it?” asked David, feeling concerned.

Suddenly she smiled and put her arms around his neck. “You have something on your face.”

“What?” he asked, now confused.

“Let me get it. It’s right…here,” she said suddenly kissing his cheek.

“Or, is it right here?” she asked in mock sincerity, kissing his other cheek as he smiled back at her.

“Nope, sorry, I still didn’t get it. There it is…” said Jasmine, hesitating before finally kissing his lips.

As he returned her kiss, David felt his heart racing.

“I’m glad we got that straightened out,” she said afterwards, smiling.

“So am I,” said David, trying to compose himself. Oh boy, he thought, praying silently. This is going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment