Friday, June 8, 2012

Chapter 15: Here To Stay


Over the next several weeks Jasmine continued to recover. Although she’d remained in the hospital for several days after waking up, her prognosis was for a full recovery. Initially, the doctor had wanted to be sure that she showed no ill effects from the accident, other than a headache and body aches that she sometimes experienced. But, miraculously, and to the relief of her family, she’d sustained no permanent damage.  

Once she left the hospital, and at his insistence, Jasmine moved in temporarily with her father. Although she hated the idea of being a burden, she was still very sore and knew that she would need help getting around for a while. Plus, it was wonderful to spend time with all of the people she loved, including her mom and brother who’d arrived from Australia and were also staying at the house, and David, who was always by her side. They were all there together and she couldn’t have been happier.

Perhaps no one was more relieved than David. Sometimes, as he watched her, he had to remind himself that this was real, that she was really here with him and that they were together again.  For him, these days were among the happiest he could ever remember being. Every day, he loved being near her, taking care of her, and most of all, being able to tell her that he loved her. In fact, from the time she’d awaken, they’d been almost inseparable. They both were so thankful for the chance they’d been given and spent every moment they could together, making up for lost time.

One evening as they were watching a movie, as they often did since Jasmine was still recovering, David felt Jasmine staring at him.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” he asked, concerned and turning towards her.

“Yes, I’m fine,” replied Jasmine. “I was just thinking about how much I missed this…how much I missed you.”

Smiling, and kissing her on the cheek, he said, “I missed you too.”

“I used to dream about you. At one point I decided that I needed to just let go and just accept that I’d lost you but I couldn’t stop thinking about you, even in my dreams,” she said, gazing into his eyes. “I’m so glad you’re here.”

“There’s nowhere else I’d rather be than here with you,” he responded, returning her gaze. He put his arm around her and pulled her close.

“Well, I guess we’re stuck with each other then, huh?” Jasmine joked.

“I guess so,” he said, with an exaggerated sigh. “I was a wreck without you so there’s no getting rid of me. Like it or not I’m here to stay.”

“Like it?” she said incredulously. She paused, smiling and looking at him intently. “I love it,” she said, laying her head on his shoulder, “…and I love you.”  

5 comments:

  1. Just finished reading all the episodes again...thanks for putting them all together! I hope you don't mind that I shared your blog on twitter. Will be waiting for the next episode (",)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keisa, A gift that has been unlocked and shared ! Thanks again for sharing your amazing talent with us. David and his fans are so blessed to have you in the Archieworld !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my fave chapter so far....Ive been wanting to visit this site for a long time since I saw your Javid Stories on FOD. Good thing I got a lot of free time :). You really are a great writer, I really thought you write for a living :). You made our waiting easier haha. God Bless

    ReplyDelete